Letting go is a process.
Letting go means to become aware of the way we are used to do things and decide to do it differently. Letting go does not mean to just stop doing something – it means a radical change in the way we used to live our life.
The core of the egoic conditioning is “wanting”. We want to be safe, first and foremost, and we want to feel good. So we set out to make sure we find the condition we recognise as “safe” and “pleasurable” all day long. Just observe yourself to become aware of all the little truth-bending, denial and manipulation we do all day long to make sure everything is running smoothly.
We all are master manipulators.
It is the most humbling moment when we become aware of what we are doing to Life and to ourselves. Manipulation is a great effort, it is the process of controlling myself, others, the environment. It takes energy and it begets the need to control even more.
So you don’t believe that you are a master manipulator?
- Are there occasions you are “wearing a mask”?
- Did you ever give a vague or weasel response?
- Did you ever just “change the subject” to digress?
- Did you ever act superior or used sarcasm to put someone down?
- Did you ever tell someone they don’t care enough to make them feel bad ?
- Use your charms to get your way?
- Feign innocence?
- Say an insult was only a joke?
Are you still thinking you are not manipulating yourself and others all day long?
Becoming aware of what we are doing, in its most subtle and discreet ways, is what awakening is about. Learn what you are and be such.